Do you have a dream? I know I do. My current dream is to help people (and myself!) have a happy and more tranquil life journey. I call it An Island Perspective. It’s an ongoing process, not a destination. Just like dreams!
Are you living your dreams? At least in your mind? A dream is like a passion. Something that you can’t NOT do, a persistent yearning or longing that you just can’t shake.
But sometimes “life” keeps getting in the way of actually making your dreams a reality.
If you can use your creative imagination to conceive of an exhilarating dream, you can certainly use that same mind to figure out a way to make that dream come true.
Even if you don’t know what your heartfelt dream is yet, that’s okay. You’re probably just not meant to know for now. Relax. It will reveal itself when you’re open and ready for it.
In the meantime, how do you prepare yourself for your dreams? Well, it all starts in your mind.
IMAGINE what would happen if you . . .
- Looked for the positive.
- Accepted what you can’t control.
- Regularly examined your perceptions of the world.
- Tried not to judge people or situations.
- Colored your world with your creative imagination.
- Tried not to whine or complain.
- Understood the connection between your thoughts and your life.
- Cherished and nurtured your body, mind and spirit.
- Minimized your worrying.
- Reduced your clutter and meaningless distractions.
- Practiced quiet stillness from time to time.
- Could easily forgive yourself and others.
- Did meaningful work.
- Knew how to ignite your passion.
- Lived with no regrets.
IMAGINE how it would feel to . . .
- Breathe in the fresh ocean air.
- Dance like a palm tree.
- Laugh a lot.
- See the beauty in the wind.
- Feel the sand between your toes.
- Let go of stress like a lizard.
- Be strong and resilient.
- Play in the waves.
- Soak up the sunlight.
- Radiate your glow to others.
- Find a deeper calm.
- Discover your authentic self.
- Have hope.
- Live with purpose.
- Harness your real power.
IMAGINE your life as you wish it to be . . .
- Set your intention.
- Believe in your abilities.
- Take action.
It really can be that simple. Turn your procrastination into action by taking one little step at a time. Then take another tiny step tomorrow. Little by little, you’ll grow more confident, stronger, and eventually . . . unstoppable!
Sure, you’ll have doubts and fears at times. I certainly do! But I’m even more fearful of looking back at my life when I’m 80 and wishing I had done more to follow my bliss.
You are the creator and mastermind of your life. Develop an unshakable belief in yourself and the possibilities. Be the captain of your ship. It’s time to start living your dream . . . just as you imagine it!
How do you inspire yourself to live your dreams?
Coming soon! The complete guide . . . An Island Perspective – Finding the Path to Tropical Tranquility